2) Color:
Bright and living colors
as
Do:
2021-04-23_170258.png
2021-04-23_170305.png
2021-04-23_170250.png
3) Details:

Most buildings should look like this, all without interiors.
2021-04-23_170348.png
Interiors are hopefully going to be separate spaces like in sims.

4) Individual props:
Good = Simple:

2021-04-23_170441.png

5) Cars:
This is a good level of detail:

2021-04-23_170517.png
6) Nature & Nature Colors:

https://www.tiktok.com/@fableforge/...r_device=pc&sender_web_id=6943296117497497093
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=the+witness+screenshots

Last edited:

RedEagle_P1

Administrator
Staff member
Proud Citizen of Dawn
2) Size & Scale

Our blocks in game are a 10x10x10 square in game. You can use our scale or you can ignore it. We can rescale it in the fly. We want to avoid adding too much unneeded details.

This is also to keep the game low-poly.

This is not ideal:

Instead do something like this:

===== City Plan =====

Buildings in the city should look similar to this, no interior needed although some way to make it seem more full would be ideal. We hope to teleport players inside the building in a separate scene when they enter.

2021-04-27_153732.png
What we need to build us a comprehensive city which serves several major functions.

1) It’s a place where people can set up their businesses
2) It’s a place where people can buy homes
3) It’s a place where people can go to the “bank” to exchange in-game and in-discord currency
4) It’s a place where people can set down their vending machines in the central mall
5) It a place where people can buy shops to sell their goods in
6) It's a place to trade in reputation points for academy blueprints

I envision several districts about 2/3 the size of this city:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sb7hb2lp4g2hrg/BuildVL1dot4.zip?dl=0

3) Icons:

Icons in game are made in magica and exported in 2D view. This is so that in-game icons look like the game itself, are easy to make and simple:

It was based on the 3D version:

Last edited:

RedEagle_P1

Administrator
Staff member
Proud Citizen of Dawn
Magicavoxel must be used for this? No Blender?
MagicaVoxel will allow us to democratize this project and get everyone involved. It's an amazing free program you will totally fall in love with. We may do a few tid-bits with blender but 95% magica.

I've put in about an hour on this and I want to make sure I'm on the right track or should I be doing the exterior only? I got a bit confused by the spreadsheet because it says that it needs a kitchen and all this other stuff that I can't put in without doing the interior. House Main floor.png

RedEagle_P1

Administrator
Staff member
Proud Citizen of Dawn
I've put in about an hour on this and I want to make sure I'm on the right track or should I be doing the exterior only? I got a bit confused by the spreadsheet because it says that it needs a kitchen and all this other stuff that I can't put in without doing the interior. View attachment 18576
You are correct on my mistake. I need determine the best course of action when it comes to networking for our programmer @wabsol. Basically, my thought is that the interior and exterior will be different "rooms". This would allow for a lot bigger cities without lag because there would be some loading between rooms. However, we dont know yet and we are just improving our skills, so keep going! More info on the gameplan from me today :D

wabsol

You are correct on my mistake. I need determine the best course of action when it comes to networking for our programmer @wabsol. Basically, my thought is that the interior and exterior will be different "rooms". This would allow for a lot bigger cities without lag because there would be some loading between rooms. However, we dont know yet and we are just improving our skills, so keep going! More info on the gameplan from me today :D
would think the same keep exterior external and interior internal ;)

RedEagle_P1

Administrator
Staff member
Proud Citizen of Dawn
Gotcha. So the houses could be like the tardis if we want?
Basically, in a game sense. Not 100% sure if its more practical this way but it should allow us to fill houses with tons of tiny details and make them a special place for owners without lagging up a storm.

Patreon