MagicaVoxel is driving me nuts

I'm not overly familiar with the program. I'd used it a couple of times before for very simple things and I've been able to extend that knowledge to building the 3 bedroom house I'm working on (which is taking so much longer than I expected when I started.) Anyway, I keep having my work destroyed because the copy and paste system seems completely broken. I select objects copy and paste and place them where I want them and everything seems to be fine and then I go to a completely different section of the house and find that random sections have been copied, pasted, and moved, intersecting with other elements of the house and of course, once it has done that it's not two objects on top of each other that you can just select and delete, it actually seems to overwrite what was originally there so it messes up the entire thing. I've wasted a lot of time because of this and I'm assuming there has to be a better way.

Is there a way to create an object and use it as a stamp or something? This is just really frustrating because I just had to ctrl+z an hour of work to try to undo a complete mess and it still didn't

RedEagle_P1

Administrator
Staff member
Proud Citizen of Dawn
I'm not overly familiar with the program. I'd used it a couple of times before for very simple things and I've been able to extend that knowledge to building the 3 bedroom house I'm working on (which is taking so much longer than I expected when I started.) Anyway, I keep having my work destroyed because the copy and paste system seems completely broken. I select objects copy and paste and place them where I want them and everything seems to be fine and then I go to a completely different section of the house and find that random sections have been copied, pasted, and moved, intersecting with other elements of the house and of course, once it has done that it's not two objects on top of each other that you can just select and delete, it actually seems to overwrite what was originally there so it messes up the entire thing. I've wasted a lot of time because of this and I'm assuming there has to be a better way.

Is there a way to create an object and use it as a stamp or something? This is just really frustrating because I just had to ctrl+z an hour of work to try to undo a complete mess and it still didn't
The odd thing is I haven’t had this issue. There is a way to use the pattern tool I believe to do what you’re looking for though

I will have to do more research into how everything works. I actually am impressed how far I was able to get without a tutorial.

This is it so far. I'm considering increasing the resolution and adding more details in some places, like hands on the clock, light switches, etc. What do you think? Any other pointers? Should I have posted this elsewhere?

Edit: I just realized the bathroom sink is in the toilet. I'll have to fix that.

RedEagle_P1

Administrator
Staff member
Proud Citizen of Dawn
I will have to do more research into how everything works. I actually am impressed how far I was able to get without a tutorial.

This is it so far. I'm considering increasing the resolution and adding more details in some places, like hands on the clock, light switches, etc. What do you think? Any other pointers? Should I have posted this elsewhere?

Edit: I just realized the bathroom sink is in the toilet. I'll have to fix that.

It's looking nicely detailed! Don't hesitate to use some of these assets: https://discord.gg/zrXeJnYw6s

Patreon